59, Female, Single, Melbourne - Bayside, VIC
- Last online:
- 19 Jul '18
HeadlineHappy and balanced.
I would describe myself as an easy-going, intelligent, young-at-heart female who can also be very practical and pragmatic. I tend to see the humorous side of life and laugh easily. I'm an optimistic 'glass half-full' type but in a quiet way. I enjoy dressing up for a night out, but I'm just as comfortable in the garden in gumboots, or barefoot at the beach.
I'm an animal-lover with a much-loved lab X. I like to travel (particularly off the beaten track) and have been fortunate to visit many wonderful places and countries - loved Cambodia, Egypt and India. I love to experience nature and wilderness and remote places, and look forward to seeing more of Australia.
I'm a fair-minded person, non-judgemental and down-to-earth. I would describe myself as loyal, caring, supportive and affectionate.
I prefer a quiet evening in with a couple of close friends, good conversation and shared interests to parties and crowds, although I do like to get out and see art exhibitions and the many cultural events Melbourne has to offer.
I have 2 grown daughters who live locally with their young families, and while my family is close and important to me, it would be great to share life's journey with someone special.
At a glance
- 59 years old
- Melbourne - Bayside, VIC
- 5'5/165 cm
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Eye colour - Grey
- Hair colour - Blonde
- Body Type - Slim
- Have no children at home - 2 children aged 30 to 33 yo
- Don't want children
- Have pets
- Education - Degree
- Left wing
- Occasional/social drinker
her ideal partner
- 59 - 65 years old
- Within 25km
- Divorced, Separated, Single, Widowed
- at least 5'8/172 cm
- Personality - Social, Private, Sometimes Social
- Body Type - Slim, Average
- Don't want children
- Have pets, Like pets but do not have any
- Education - Degree, Post Graduate, Some college, Diploma
- Left wing, No strong political beliefs, Swinging voter
- Non-drinker, Occasional/social drinker
What I'm looking for
An intelligent, kind man who enjoys being alive. Shared common interests: the arts in general, music, nature and the environment, and social justice. An irreverent sense of humour. An animal lover. Someone who can make me laugh. Someone who's company I really enjoy.
- Music continues to be a major love and I enjoy seeing live music, particularly outdoors. I like a lot of Australian music, like Tex Perkins, Rebecca Barnard, Courtney Barnett, Ed Kuepper as well as lots of other stuff.
- I love to curl up with a good book, and usually have a couple on the go. Particularly enjoy contemporary Australian literature, but also memoirs, major prize-winners - and a long breakfast over the week-end Age. Anything about Antarctica.
- Movies & TV
- Love a good movie! Prefer arthouse to blockbusters. Rarely watch commercial TV (would rather watch a DVD) but enjoy a bit of ABC/SBS (eg RockWiz, Australian Story, Who Do You Think You Are). Favourite movie: To Kill A Mockingbird
- I'm not involved or very interested in any competitive sports, although I do love to walk: my local beach or along the river (daily with dog), bushwalking or occasional trek. I understand that most guys follow some sport, and that's fine. Personal space is important.
- Other Interests
- Art exhibitions. Gardening. Writing. Mosaics. Crosswords. Sudoku, Australian heritage eg Nat Trust properties. Comedy and music festivals.Travel.