Last Updated - 19th March 2021
RSVP.com.au Pty Ltd. ("RSVP", "we", "us" or "our") provides online websites and app based match-making services commonly known as 'online dating' (the "Services").
In providing our wide-ranging Services, and considering the usefulness of personal information, we have established an information protection policy to protect the individual's rights and interests, and all board members and employees shall carry out this policy in good faith.
The term "personal information" as used in this policy shall mean any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, photo, email address, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you.
Our data privacy principles
- We will collect and use appropriate personal information, giving consideration to the way you interact with the Site, the nature of the Services and our business content and scale.
- We will specify the purpose for which we use personal information and take appropriate measures to ensure the use of personal information does not exceed that purpose.
- We will comply with applicable laws regarding the use of personal information.
- We will establish a security management system to prevent a leak, loss, deletion or damage of personal information. Moreover, we will take appropriate corrective and preventive measures for accidents relating to personal information.
- We will promptly respond to requests for disclosure of, inquiries about and complaints regarding personal information, by the establishment of an enquiry desk.
- We will regularly review and appropriately improve the information security management system.
What information do we collect?
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
- Personal information you give us. You may give us your personal information including your email address, and your dating profile, by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you ask us about, or register to use our products or services; subscribe to our publications; request marketing to be sent to you, or give us feedback.
- Personal information we collect. As you interact with our Site/App, we may automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, the date you have accessed our Site, the website you have visited before visiting our Site, your browser, OS, IP address, and the domain name. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. The content recorded on access logs is not used in conjunction with personal information. It is used as server operation information to assist in improving our Site and Services, and to actively prevent misuse of our Services.
Like many websites, we use 'Cookies' to make our Site more convenient to our customers. Cookies are small pieces of data that are transferred between a Web server and your Web browser, and stored on your computer or mobile device as a file.
- Cookies are used for analytic practices to help us understand our customers' activities in our Site.
You may disable the function of Cookies by choosing the browser's configuration. Please note that this may result in you not being able to use all or part of the Services.
How do we process information?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To create your online dating profile;
- To confirm your identity;
- To respond to your questions and provide related customer services;
- To detect and prevent fraud or other financial crime;
- To monitor and protect the security of our information, systems and network;
- For internal business intelligence purposes, to conduct research, product development and enhancement;
- To inform you of changes made to our Site and our Services;
- To conduct marketing and commercial activities and to market relevant offers and promotions to you;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- To display content based on your interests;
- Enable you to search information on our Site;
- Assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and/or advertising; and
- Improve our Site.
From time to time, we may send out emails for promotion purposes to announce our Services, functions, researches, news, promotions, contests, and events. Our customers may opt-out of receiving these emails. We may use a third-party service provider to send out emails or to communicate smoothly with our customers. For a smoother communication, we may share information, such as your email address, to the service provider for this limited purpose only.
How do we share information?
Your personal information will be treated as being strictly confidential. We may share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in this policy:
- A member of our group;
- Our professional advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers, etc.;
- Companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing;
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this Policy.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or a similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, and to any other third party with your prior consent to do so, unless notification is prohibited by the applicable law.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long do we retain information?
We will store your personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information is processed.
We use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove it. Otherwise, we will seek to delete your personal information within a reasonable timeframe upon request.
Our Site uses 'SSL' to protect personal information. By using a browser that supports security functions, when you access our Site and enter personal information including your name and e-mail address, and this information is transferred to our server, the information is automatically encrypted when transmitted and received by servers. Therefore if the transmitted data is intercepted by a third party, there is no need to worry about the content being stolen.
If you have any questions regarding our policy or privacy practices, please contact us using the Contact Us page on our Site.
RSVP.com.au Pty Ltd
Suite 310, 46-56 Kippax St
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Phone: (61) 2 8366 2880
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by means of a notice on our Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.